top of page

Mobile Services and Pushcarts Require a License

All food service establishments in Tulsa County, including mobile food vending operations, require a license that must be renewed annually. THD categorizes mobile food services as follows:

  • Full-service mobile: a vehicle or trailer designed and equipped to prepare and serve open food products.

  • Pre-packaged (retail) mobile: a vehicle or trailer limited to the sale of commercially manufactured pre-packaged products, or products prepared and packaged at a licensed food service establishment.

  • Pushcart: a non-self-propelled vehicle limited to the sale of non-Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) foods, the sale of commercially pre-packaged foods maintained at proper temperatures, or the preparation and sale of frankfurters.

Construction, Equipment and Operation Guidelines

Full-service mobile food establishments are required to meet certain regulations regarding their construction, water system, equipment, personnel and food safety. Pre-packaged mobile and pushcart food establishments are exempted from some of these requirements.

Plan Overview

Mobile food establishment plans must be submitted to THD with the appropriate fees. Complete plan review applications includes a menu, equipment layout, size of water tanks, location of lighting, and any additional photos or documents you wish to include to better illustrate your mobile unit.

Mobile Vendor Fees 

  • State Fee - $350 required for all mobile operations.

City Permits

Every city has the ability to adopt a city ordinance that requires additional permits to operate a business within the city limits. Below are cities in Tulsa County that will require additional permits in order to operate within their city limits.

  • Fee for City of Broken Arrow Food Permit*

    • Full-service mobile $150 per vehicle

    • Pre-packaged mobile $60 per vehicle

    • Pushcart vending operations $60 per pushcart

  • Fee for City of Bixby and City of Tulsa Food Permit* 

    • Full-service mobile $145 per vehicle

    • Pre-packaged mobile $145 per vehicle

    • Pushcart vending operations $145 per pushcart

    • The cities charge a $5 processing fee on all new license applications

*Additional city permits for outdoor sellers or peddlers may be required. Please contact the City of Tulsa licensing and permits office at (918) 596-9456 regarding mobile outdoor sellers application for a mobile food operation or the City of Broken Arrow licensing and permits office at (918) 259- 2411 for an itinerant merchant food vendor application.

For more information, please call 918-595-4300, Ashley Davis is the inspector for Food Trucks.

Hold it you aren't finished.... You will also need an Oklahoma State Tax ID number which you can do online, a license from the City of Tulsa and any other city you plan on being in and a managers license from the Health Department. 

bottom of page